Friday, July 24, 2009

Full circle (jerk)

My first blog post ever was me agonizing over the upgrade to Logic 8 and counting up all the money I've spent on Logic software since I started with Logic 4 back in the day. Now Apple has announced Logic 9. I'm not linking to it. Seriously, fuck off Apple.

Logic 8 came out 2 years ago. It was a huge update, added a bunch of nice shit to Logic and redesigned the interface. It was $200. Now Logic 9 is here and it adds a bunch of guitar amp and pedal simulations. Yay? It is also $200.

Right now, I have everything in my studio working together and playing nicely. Plus I'm broke as hell and work one of the worst jobs in the world. I think it is best if I opt out of this upgrade.

Inevitably I'm going to end up upgrading - it's the nature of the beast. There'll be an update to the Virus software or some shit, and I'll "fucking NEEEEEEEED" Logic 9.

Until then - Fuck off and die, Apple. Just fuck right the fuck off.

No comments: