Monday, July 6, 2009

Blofeld Gripe #1

The "Play" button should play a note.


The Blofeld is so small it would be awesome just to plug it into an electrical outlet, put on some headphones and make some patches. However, you need some kind of MIDI input to play a note to hear whatever patch you're working on. That means I have to hook up my wife's Micron, connect a MIDI cable, blah blah blah... pretty soon the entire coffee table is taken up by gear.

How awesome would it be if I could just press that button that says "Play" and it actually, y'know, played a freaking note. Just C4 - I'm not asking for anything fancy.

Even something like the Korg Nanokey wouldn't alleviate this; it's USB powered, so then I'd need to hook it up to a laptop, blah blah blah... Once again, the coffee table is full of gear.

I just want to watch bad movies while creating and editing Blofeld sounds. Is that so much to ask?!

No comments: