Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Terror EBM - Nurzery [Rhymes]

A friend of mine recently started a blog called Awesome or Sucks, which simply gives one word reviews to new albums - either it's awesome or it sucks. I figured if he can be that brief, I can do one or two sentence reviews of albums I've recently bought - because life is too short to overanalyze pop music.



This caught my attention while I was browsing various Terror EBM bands on amazon.com. I was basically in the mood for something harsh, aggressive and screamy, that wasn't mixed with the same frequency response as a vacuum cleaner and that didn't have vocals that were processed with a deep, rapid chorus effect making it sound like it was underwater (don't do this, it sucks!!!). Nurzery [rhymes] delivered. The production is decent, the song structure doesn't fall on its ass and there's not a single song that sucks on this album - what more could I ask for from the genre? Rated: Awesome.





No comments: