Saturday, July 12, 2008

Audiosurfin'

Bird of Prey by Destroid. Destroid is Daniel Myer's (from Haujobb) other band.

Audiosurf - Destroid: Bird of Prey from mtodead on Vimeo.

Pusher Elite Mode.
At the very end I fill up my slots with 24 reds, getting the most points possible in a single match and winning the "Big Kahuna" achievement.

Pusher gets a 100% bonus when your match clears the board, so you may notice that I pass up some good blocks waiting for high value clusters to disappear.

White blocks are an automatic 2000 points, so they're highly desirable, but they don't disappear, they have to fall down the bottom, so collecting them at the wrong time can block your board. Reds are worth the most points, then yellows, greens, blues and purples. Unless there's a cluster of blues and purples that I clear as soon as I collect, I'm hitting the blues and purples by mistake. Sometimes I don't even realize I have them on my board for a few seconds - D'OH!

Music is Bird of Prey by Destroid from their album Loudspeaker. Buy it!

(For those so inclined, you can see what I'm talking about in my last post regarding how horrible YouTube makes this shit look here. I even tried doing the 11 minute trick, and while the vid quality is slightly better than the other YouTube vids I've posted, it's still shit.)


Update 07/26/09 - As you can see Vimeo pulled the videos a while back. Apparently Audiosurf videos got so popular that Vimeo instituted a new rule: No videos of video games. If popularity is detrimental to your business, doesn't that mean the business model is a failure?

No comments: